Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Music to my ears...

Hi there!  What a gorgeous day - made even better because there aren't too many snowbanks you have to look over to pull out into major roadways.  The bottom of my hill is still pretty nasty with high snowbanks, but everywhere else we're actually seeing bare ground.  Yay!  Can't wait for Spring!  I know, we're not out of the woods yet.

Anyway, I just thought I'd show you yet another card using the new music set(s) from Sparkle N Sprinkle. See?  there's not only music in the air, but Spring in the air (what an optimist!).  So here's my little card where I used a combination of gorgeous papers from Papertrey Ink and tied them very nicely with the violins.  I just love this color combo - it makes me happy.  Hope you like it as well!

I used Log Cabin embossing powder from Sparkle N Sprinkle for the violins as the PTI paper is already prestamped with the musical notes (they did half my work for me - LOL!).  I just border punched the DP and layered it on the card.  I then used Spellbinders Labels 13 to cut the sentiment and background.  I cut two of the music labels, cut them in half and pieced the opposite colors back together for the bottom layer.  A little twine, pop dot the violins and here we have it.  Oh, I also ran thread thru the violins to make them a little more realistic (that's my anal side).
That's it!  Ciao for now!
Ciao Bella!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I just love this color combo! Whooda thunk? Very nice.
SM

Donna Ellis said...

How lovely, OO! You always come up with the greatest ideas!