Monday, March 7, 2011

Glubers are here!

Okay, you're asking what on earth is a Gluber?  Sounds icky, huh?  Well, basically it's just a giant glue dot!  But the fun thing about it is you can make flowers with them using ribbon, paper, fabric, and even a combination of these!  I have a class coming up the end of the month at The Scrapbook Cupboard and am happy to be the one introducing these crazy little doodads.  So here's what I'll be teaching.

What you're seeing is one flower obviously made with ribbon -- soooo easy!  I added the fabric leaves by using my 2-1/2" wide tape and die cutting them.  On the purple card I used a new product to the store called Viva Gold.  Oh, can I tell you what absolutely gorgeous colors these come in?  You probably can't see by the picture, but they have this glorious lustre to them, many having an underlying shade of gold going thru them.  This purple color does not have gold in it, but is just luscious and soooo easy to use.  I'll be doing a class devoted to Viva Gold on April 8th at the Scrapbook Cupboard, so stay tuned!

Aside from the Glubers and Viva Gold, I used a great glitter called Tyrian by Sparkle N Sprinkle on the purple card as well as their white embossing powder.  The orange ribbon across the top of the other card comes that way - I did not have to glitter it.  

Well, that's what's new and exciting for now.  Hope you enjoy and be sure to sign up for this class.
Ciao for now!
Ciao Bella!

No comments: