Tuesday, February 12, 2013

What's the big deal about mustaches?

Have you seen the rage with all the pre-teens?  It's mustaches and (get ready for this...) Bacon!  Yep, this is the craze right now and no one can figure out why.  My granddaughter is smack dab in the middle of this craze and her Aunt and I purchased bacon jewelry, mustache jewelry -- you name it, we got it for her for Christmas.  She was a happy little 9 year old.

What has this got to do with card making?  Well, believe it or not, Memory Box came out with a mustache die set.  I passed it by several times -- I even gave it a thumbs down it when Kim at Kept Creations suggested I work with it.  So a month goes by and suddenly I walked by the die on the rack and an idea popped into my head.  Uh, oh!

So let me show you a series of cards that I made with this little set.  I must admit, I had a lot of fun playing with it and I am planning on creating more with it.

Here's the die I am talking about:



And here's a very traditional card using the die in the way I assume it was meant to be used (chuckle!)...


So, the wheels started turning and this was my second card...


Yes, those are mustaches turned upside down and with a swipe of a black copic marker, we now have a flower!  And make note that the bow was made on the Craft-Dee BowZ.

And lastly, another non-traditional card using the mustaches...


Warning:  do not travel on my highway -- you never know where it leads and there are no road signs!

Well I hope you enjoyed seeing these as much as I enjoyed creating them!  I'm off to dream up some more mustache stuff!  Ciao for now!

Ciao Bella! 





6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You continue to amaze with your creativity!
Hope you've recovered from Nemo!
Cuz

MG said...

Sometimes it's scary how your mind works!!!

Kept Creations said...

That is so great! And so true! My 12 year old loves mustaches AND bacon!

Love these designs! Very fun!

Donna Maligno said...

Mind? what mind?

Donna Ellis said...

DD, what a lovely B&W card! such pretty layers and textures in the CS - beautiful!

Julie Z said...

You have always been so creative and this is yet another fine example! Wow - major creativity points to you my dear! Lovely cards and fantastic ideas! (That's what you get for not wanting the die lol!)