Tuesday, February 26, 2013

The birthday boy...

Well we celebrated my son's birthday the other nite.  I can't tell you how old he is or he'll put the hit men out after me, but let's just say he made it over 40.  Ooops!  Did I say that?

The birthday boy decided we are going to start a new tradition in the family, namely, that stupid hat he's wearing!  Oh yes!  He's the first to wear it, his wife has a birthday in another week and then I follow in April and so on.  Don't look for pictures of me wearing that thing!

Anyway, here are a few photos I took.  The resolution isn't that good as it was taken with my iPad, but you'll get the idea.  First you'll notice how fetching Jeff (my son) is in his birthday hat and then I'd like you to focus on the birthday cake.  Hmm, maybe I'll send a copy of this to the Plymouth County Sheriff's office as a little blackmail.  I'm sure the other Deputy Sheriff's will have a good time with this one!





And now for the birthday cake or should I say the candle topper for it.  NONE of us knew what this thing was going to do and what a fun surprise it was.  The following photos will show you what I mean.


It's a tulip with tiny candles inside and obviously a wick that is not discernible until after it's lit.


This is what happens after the wick burns down!  All the petals open with the candles attached!  Is that not a riot?

Before you can ask, my daughter-in-law got this candle topper at Christmas Tree Shoppes.  A dollar gave us all a great surprise.  Oh, it also sings happy birthday while burning a hole in your ceiling (just kidding about the hole) and is not reusable.  Awww! 

Ciao for now!  Hope you enjoyed the post.

Ciao Bella! 






4 comments:

starqueen said...

Hi Sunny,
WOW! That is some kinda candle. Happy Birthday to Jeff...I think he should keep the hat!

Donna Ellis said...

Looks like everyone enjoyed a fabulous time - your DIL did good between the birthday hat and the cake! LOL Never saw candles like that before! TFS love, OO

Shona Erlenborn said...

What fun! I'll have to see if I can find one of these at our Christmas Tree Shop. A crowd-pleaser for sure!

Anonymous said...

Nutsy family! Absolutely love it all. Don't you just love CTS?
Cuz