Monday, January 7, 2013

Back to a little bit of winter...

I seem to have another fascination --  using corner dies.  This is a set by Cheery Lynn and I just knew I had to do something a little bit different with one of the dies in particular.  The set contains three different style corners (there are several different sets by Cheery Lynn).  So, combining my love of teabag folding and corner dies, here's the end result.


This is simply a 4" x 11" card scored at 2-5/8" to form a cupboard fold, I embossed the front flaps only then mounted it on an aqua base.  I used a Spellbinders Lacey Circle die for the aqua base then cut eight of the corner dies by Cheery Lynn, folded them, inked the edges and placed them on a 1" circle with a big glue dot in the center to form a "snowflake" and placed a pearl in the center.  This is the end result.  What the camera fails to pick up is the glitter on the embossed areas and some glitter on the "snowflake".   I finished it off with a simple knot tied from tulle and added a sentiment.

Ciao for now!

Ciao Bella! 

4 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

DD, this is so pretty! You always come up with innovative ways of using die cuts and stamp images - this is gorgeous, and must look fabulous in person with the delicate flakes. I like the little bit of green on the white, too. What a cute verse!

Shona Erlenborn said...

This is fabulous. Love your homemade snowflake - genius!

Teresa Kline said...

this is gorgeous!

enjoy *~*

Linda said...

Beautiful and so delicate. Love the aqua/teal and white.