Saturday, June 25, 2011

Here kitty, kitty!

Nope, I'm not talking about my sweet kitty, Gabby.  I'm talking about this great new die that I just got.  I just loved it when I saw it and for me, I did a rare thing --I  didn't overthink it in so far as how many different ways I could use it.  I just loved it on sight.  Okay, okay, here it is!  Some of you will think I've gone 'round the bend as they say, but I just love the possibilities of this die and the different "occasions" that it could be used for.  Here, take a look at the first card and then we'll discuss its possibilities:

Am I wrong in thinking that this die -- the screen door (screening comes with it!) and the cat (I added an additional cat inside the door) is great for things like "missing you", or "hello", perhaps "encouragement", or just plain old "thinking of you".  I'm sure there are more possibilities that I haven't mentioned.  You think about it and be sure and leave me a comment on it.  I'm all ears!

For this card I simply cut out an oblong the same size as the door from the face of the card, then using a grey Copic marker, I made lines indicating house siding on the front of the card.  I placed the screening in the door, made some hinges (which you can't see) and then punched two of the cats.  I assembled it all to represent the front of the house.  I meant to put a few small bushes beside the door -- maybe we'll do that in class this week.  If you haven't signed up yet, there are only a few openings left for this class on Wednesday nite at the Scrapbook Cupboard.

Now on to the second card.  After I punched the cats out, I realized I had some perfect negative space -- aha!  let's use that for a card as well.  Here's the result.


This is pretty self-explanatory with the exception of how the bow was done.  Using my Craft-Dee BowZ,  I made a double loop bow and attached it at the top.  You'll have to come to the class if you want to learn how this is done!

Call me crazy, but I really, really like the possibilities of this die.  Thanks for stopping by and be sure to leave a comment.
Ciao for now!

Ciao Bella!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are crazy and I'm still waiting for some of your lovliness to arrive in my mailbox.

Donna Ellis said...

These are DARLING cards! The kitty looks like Speedy the Cat LOL - the screen door feels homey. It will be a fun class!

Michele said...

I will be there!!!

Anonymous said...

LOVING it!! the door, the screen, the cats! -SLI

Anonymous said...

Oh...you did the siding with a Copic...and here am I thinking you just had this amazingly perfect paper on hand....silly me!!!
Love that second kitty inside the door- nice touch!

Barbara Bruder said...

DeeDee I just picked up that same screen door at the stamp store in Cincinnati. Where is that from???
Which die is the cat from.
Your cards are so cute