Monday, December 9, 2013

Petite little die...

This is a small die that I keep misplacing and finding again.  So before I misplace it yet again, I decided to create a card for posterity -- translation:  in case I really lose it completely.

I learned the cutting technique for this card on a YT video that I just loved and recreated it to fit this little die.  You first fold your card into a cupboard fold, add your DP to the flaps and then place the die inside the card with the blades face up and run it through your die cutting machine.  You will need to die cut additional shapes for the inside as well as the band around the oval opening on the front.


The picture below is what the card looks like opened.  I haven't added a sentiment yet.  Kinda neat technique isn't it?


Well, let's hope I can find this little deer die next year and produce a whole lot of cards.  My Christmas cards are all done and mailed for this year and it's time to pack things away in the bottom of the closet.  

Well, that's all for now -- Ciao!

Ciao Bella! 

16 comments:

Shona Erlenborn said...

Thanks for sharing this Donna - I'm still plodding on with mine. Looking for fast but appealing designs. Would this idea fit the bill?

Donna Maligno said...

Define "fast", Shona, LOL! You'd have to glitter up your tape and die cut the deer. Then you'd have to die cut the ovals or circles (your preference). It's really all die cutting. Good luck with whatever you decide!

Donna Ellis said...

Wonderful card, DD! I love what you did with the stripes and gate fold - at first, I didn't even notice the fold! Wow! Darling sparkly reindeer - so you lose your dies? At least it is not your mind - I like your reappearing cutie reindeer. Thank you for sharing your beautiful card, DD. I love your style. hugs, de

Vicki said...

Love this CAS and elegant holiday card!

Shirley said...

You should talk, this is drop dead elegant!! I love the die cut and the fold too! Still doing my cards!!! Drat! LOLOL Saved that fold idea. Beautiful, Donna!

♥Gemma♥ said...

Beautiful card and thank you for stopping by mine and leaving such a sweet comment on my challenge card...
hugs and xxx
Gemma

Dawn said...

Gorgeous card I do love that die!
Hugs
Dawn xx

Connie Mercer said...

gorgeous card Donna!!! Thanks for stoppping by my blog today:):) ~loving the bow maker.

Diane said...

Wonderful card design Donna.

Hugs diane

Desire Fourie said...

Such a beautiful Christmas creation and elegant too.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Diane said...

Fab card Donna !!

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog, but it's not a card...it's a complete handmade gift box sweetie !!

hugs Diane xx

Pat (mspfd) said...

This is beautiful! Love how you created the opening for the image.

Dawn said...

Great card & A lovely technique Donna!
Hugs
Dawn xx

Desire Fourie said...

This is a beautiful Christmas design. Loving the addition of the leaves.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

Desire Fourie said...

Donna this is such an elegant and festive Christmas design. Love the deer on the inside.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

SewPaperPaint said...

How very beautiful - really accents this fold!