Thursday, June 7, 2012

Here comes a butterfly (again)!

This card came about because a customer claimed the die wasn't cutting.  So I took it home and zipped it through my Vagabond.  You should always keep in mind that a metal shim will give you the best results when cutting intricate dies.  I was so fascinated by this butterfly that I HAD to try it out.  Here's the result:


For the curious, this die is from (wait for it...here it comes!...) Memory Box!  I'm sure you're surprised by that (NOT!).  I used a technique under the butterfly using the new Stampendous bits and glitter encased in embossing powder.  The roses are just punched from a 1" round punch, cut in a circular pattern and rolled and glittered.  I then accented the butterfly wing with that fabulous Holographic Glitter from Stampendous.  My new favorite glitter!

Thanks and feel free to leave a comment.  Ciao for now!

Ciao Bella!

2 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

Pretty! Pretty! Pretty! DD, love the colors and sparkle!

Michele said...

And the class is, when????