Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Elegant distress???

When we think of distress inks, we think muted colors, lots of browns and an overall shabby look.  Since distressing is not my forte, but I absolutely LOVE Distress Inks and how they work together, I thought I'd try what I do best -- keep it out of the shabby chic area.  And this is what I came up with.  I'm planning on doing this technique at our next Cape Cod event.  So, if you're in the area and want to attend, be sure to contact The Crop Shop and sign up.  The announcement should go in their newsletter later this week.


As you can see, I decided to use the same colors, but by using different stamps and the ever-present dies (my life would not be complete without a Memory Box die), it gives you an idea of how you can use the same colors and present two varying looks.

I also got the chance to use my new Distress Markers -- oh what fun!  That butterfly on the card on the left was done using these new markers.  I am so looking forward to playing with them more and more!  Another new item I used is Goosebumps on the Dragonfly, but I jazzed it up some more by adding Glitter Ritz.  Am just loving these two products combined!

Well, if you'd like to learn these techniques, be sure and check with The Crop Shop, or if all else fails, feel free to email me and I'll give you the information.

Ciao for now!

Ciao Bella!

2 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

Elegant is right! Gorgeous cards with amazing details. The softness is not lost at all in the focal points, either! The stamps are pretty, too!

Julie Z said...

Love your take on distress inks Donna! A girl after my own heart - I like your more "colorful" take on distress. Bright but soft too. Very pretty cards! PS - I LOVE dragonflies too!